Online Leadership Courses
Discover insights and resources to help you lead more broadly, rise to higher levels or make an important impact on your company’s performance through our two online courses.
Exceptional Leadership: Leading at a Higher Level
Do you have ambitions to rise up to a position of broad leadership? Are you vying for a promotion, but worry you may not be ready? Or did you recently start in a bigger job and are starting to feel overwhelmed or uncertain?
Based on the #1 bestselling book Rising to Power: The Journey of Exceptional Executives, in this course co-author Ron Carucci will guide you through every step of a successful transition to a bigger role.
Being Strategic: Thinking and Acting with Impact
You know you want to be recognized as someone who is strategic and make a difference for your company, but you’re not sure where to start.
This course gets down to the concrete focus and actions it takes to think and act strategically. Instructor Ron Carucci will walk you step by step through understanding the fundamentals of strategy, and how to focus your job on the most strategic opportunities your company cares about.
In this course, you will learn how to:
- Avoid the common pitfalls leaders face when rising in organizations
- Successfully respond to the disorienting effects of leading at a higher organizational level
- Build a plan to successfully transition to a new role
- Employ the four leadership dimensions that set successful leaders apart: Context, Breadth, Choice, and Connection
Is this for you?
You are a supervisor leading a small team or project manager, and you have aspirations to lead more broadly, to rise to higher levels.
You were recently promoted to, or accepted a new role, where you now have team leaders or supervisors reporting to you, or to an executive level where you have multiple levels of people reporting to you.
You were told you are considered “high potential” and a possible successor to a broader leadership role, and are wanting to begin preparations for the opportunity early.
Do you have ambitions to rise up in your organization to a position of broad leadership? Are you vying for a promotion, but worry you may not be ready? Or did you recently start in a bigger job leading several levels of employees, and are starting to feel overwhelmed or uncertain?
This is the course for you. Based on the #1 bestselling book Rising to Power: The Journey of Exceptional Executives, co-author Ron Carucci will guide you through every step of a successful transition to a bigger role. Based on a 10-year longitudinal study of more than 2,700 leaders, the research and course content will help you learn:
- Why more than 50% of those promoted to bigger roles fail in the first 18 months, and how to avoid those pitfalls
- The common challenges leaders face at higher altitudes, and how to successfully navigate them
- The four dimensions that set the most successful leaders apart, and how to develop them in your own leadership
This course is chock full of practical insights and examples of leaders rising in organizations and sticking the landing once there. You’ll assess your own experiences with the pitfalls and disorienting effects of higher leadership and plan concrete actions for successfully navigating them. You’ll build your transition plan, which can help even if you’ve already taken the job, and you’ll complete a self-assessment of the four dimensions of exceptional leaders to understand where you have strengths, and where you may have blind spots.
Rising to Power and the research behind it has already saved countless careers from the high failure rates of otherwise promising, aspiring leaders. Ron Carucci is a 30-year seasoned executive coach who has worked with hundreds of executives all over the world. Now you can have the benefit of his experience and research at your fingertips, fueling your leadership ambitions to success.
Get started on your rise to exceptional leadership, or watch a free preview video from the course!
In this course you will learn to:
- Identify the strategic differentiation and capabilities that set your company apart
- Organize work across three organizational systems, and protect your most competitive work
- Define your role to make maximum strategic impact on your company’s performance
- Deal with the pressures and challenges of doing more strategic work
Is this course for you?
You are a leader with ambitions to make important impact on your company’s performance; you desire to become “more strategic,” or have been given feedback that you need to be but aren’t quite sure what it means or where to start.
You are tired of putting out fires all day and not feeling like you’re working on the most important things your company needs you to focus on; you want to figure out how to shift your attention to the things that will be deeply gratifying, give you a sense of purpose, and actually have impact.
I’m sure you’ve heard the term “strategic thinking,” but what does that actually mean? An internet search reveals more definitions of it than you can count. You know you want to be recognized as someone who is strategic, have your ideas heard, and make a difference for your company, but you’re not sure where to start.
This course cuts through all of the mythology and mystique and gets down to the concrete focus and actions it takes to think and act strategically. With a 30+ year track record accompanying leaders on some of their most important strategic transformations, instructor Ron Carucci will walk you step by step through understanding the fundamentals of strategy, and how to focus your job on the most strategic opportunities your company cares about. You’ll learn about:
- What competitive differentiation means, and how to identify where your company sets itself apart from the competition
- How organizations separate critical work across the operating, coordinating and strategic systems of your company
- The difference between competitive work, competitive-enabling work, and business-essential work, and how to optimize your day for the greatest impact and satisfaction
This course will become your go-to resource for helping you and your team raise your game, focusing on the most important strategic activities you can to drive performance for your company. It will demystify all of the confusion about what strategy and strategic thinking does, and does not, mean. You’ll walk away with concrete tools you and your team can use to redefine the focus of your work, set and keep strategic priorities, and deal with the pressures and challenges of thinking and acting more strategically.
Get started on your journey, or watch a free preview video from the course!